“Coming Out of the Shadows: Women Veterans and Homelessness,” a series published in the Huffington Post and funded by a grant from the International Women’s Media Foundation (as was this website).
- “GI Jane Needs a Place to Sleep,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. February 1, 2017.
- “Into the Gap: Women Veterans Describe Homelessness,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. February 7, 2017.
- “Camaraderie Offsets Trauma for Women Veterans,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. February 14, 2017.
- “The Path Home for Women Veterans,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. February 21, 2017.
- “Homeless Women Veterans Struggle to Be Seen,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. April 2, 2017.
- “No Longer Invisible: Women Veterans and Homelessness after Military Service,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. May 2, 2017.
- “Homeless Women Veterans Are Veterans with a Difference,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. May 17, 2017.
- “Don’t Leave Fido Behind: Homelessness Impacts Women Veterans and Their Pets,” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. June 13, 2017.
- “Leaving the Military Wasn’t My Idea: How Separation Status May Affect Homelessness in Women Veterans.” by Lily Casura. Huffington Post. December 27, 2017.
- “The Basics of Military Sexual Trauma: A Primer.” by Lily Casura. The Huffington Post. January 4, 2018.
- “Connecting the Dots: Does Military Sexual Trauma Exacerbate Women Veterans’ Experience of Homelessness?” by Lily Casura. Medium. January 23, 2018.
- “Keeping Silent: Women Veterans, Intimate Partner Violence and Homelessness.”by Lily Casura. Medium. April 8, 2018.
- “Hidden Numbers: Why Far More Women Veterans May be Homeless Than You Realize.” Medium. July 9, 2018.
- “Is Your State Ready to Accommodate Women Veterans When They Are Homeless?” Medium. July 16, 2018.
- “The New Face of Veteran Homelessness,” Op-Ed by Lily Casura. Texas Tribune. November 10, 2014.
- “The Female Veteran: Homeless with a Difference.” Radio interview with Heather Stark on BlogTalkRadio, along with Rosie Palfy and BriGette McCoy. February 11, 2017.
- Many more to add…
- Many more to add…
- “Where Research Meets the Road,” keynote presentation at TexVets conference, Round Rock, TX:
- 4th Annual Military Social Work conference at UT-Austin;
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Texas state conference, Arlington, TX;
- American Public Health Association (APHA) national conference, oral presentation, Atlanta, GA;
This IRB-approved survey is for women veterans, currently serving women reservists, and anyone who identified as female during their U.S. military service: